Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Learning Model

The Learning Model can be applied to not only school, but family activities. Something that my husband's (David) family LOVES to do is scuba dive. Upon getting married, I was able to get certified and go on my first dives with David and his family. What a party it was to not only get certified, but also be taught by David and his family about the ins and outs of scuba diving. We were able to go to Bali and  experience so many different things including seeing different types of tropical fish, a ship wreck, and coral fans. The learning model allows us to prepare ourselves (getting certified), teach one another (family teaching family) and then ponder and prove what we've experienced (analyze the dive and prepare for the next one). The following photos were taken by my father-in-law while we were diving. 


David and I on the wreck dive

A sea urchin/starfish thing 

Little clown fish in sea anemones 

An eel from a night dive

I call this a marshmallow starfish :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment